No cook Lasagne
This was one of our first dishes when we ventured into the Raw Vegan scene and it is still one of our firm favourites. Packed with taste and texture to keep you coming back for more time and time again.
- 5 mushrooms of your choice, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 Courgette, peeled
- 1/2 package spinach
- 6 tablespoons (about 1/2 cup) marinara sauce (recipe below)
- 1 or 2 avocados, sliced
- Marinate the mushrooms in olive oil and tamari for 10 minutes. Remove the excess liquid with a paper towel.
- Thinly slice the courgette, making long noodle shapes using a potato peeler or a knife.
- Put the spinach and a little water in a food processor, and pulse until it becomes a sauce. Put the sauce in a bowl.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, and put about a third of the courgette slices on top of the sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce and half of the mushrooms, gently pressing the ingredients down as you go.
- Add a third of the courgette again, half of the avocado slices, and half of the spinach sauce.
- Add the last third of the courgette, and 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce. Add the rest of the spinach sauce and avocado. Put the last layer of mushrooms on the top of the lasagne.
You can use this as a lasagne sauce, spiralized Courgette, Butter-nut squash or sweet potato noodle sauce, or as its own side dish.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5-6 sundried tomatoes,
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt, garlic, cayenne pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. This sauce lasts for 3 days in the fridge.